The EFQM Excellence Award is organised once a year and it is designed to recognise Europe's best performing organisations, whether private, public or non-profit. It recognises industry leaders with an indisputable track record of success in turning strategy into action and continuously improving their organisation's performance.
Organisations describe the Award as "like playing in the Champions League", because it is supported by one of the most rigorous assessment processes based on the EFQM Excellence Model. A team of international managers with different backgrounds spend one week on applicants‚Äô site, or an average of 500 hours interviewing people at all levels and analysing the organisation's performance.
The feedback from the assessor teams are then presented to an independent jury that decides the level of recognition for each Nominee. To win the EFQM Excellence Award, an applicant must be able to demonstrate that their performance not only exceeds that of their peers, but also that they will maintain this advantage into the future. A prize winner is an organisation which demonstrates role model behaviour in one of the 8 Fundamental Concepts of Excellence:
• Adding Value for Customers
• Creating a Sustainable Future
• Developing Organisational Capability
• Harnessing Creativity & Innovation
• Leading with Vision, Inspiration & Integrity
• Managing with Agility
• Succeeding through the Talent of People
• Sustaining Outstanding Results
The winners of the EFQM Excellence Award are announced at the Gala Dinner during the annual EFQM Forum.
"The EFQM Excellence Award process is essential to our continued journey towards excellence. The outputs we received from the 2010 process were of the highest quality and deeply incisive. We have taken those outputs and plugged them straight into our continuous improvement programme. In addition the caliber of individuals involved in the assessment was outstanding, a stellar cast of Europe's finest practitioners of excellence. In summary for us the process was an outstanding experience."
Finbarr Downling - Managing Director, Siemens, United Kingdom
• Find out how good you are - By entering in the Award process, your organisation is measured against Europe's most widely used management framework : the EFQM Excellence Model.
• Discover your potential - A team of independent assessors will provide you with a comprehensive feedback report on your strengths and areas for improvements.
• Motivate your people - The thrill of success can inspire even greater success, motivating and energising your employees at all levels in a positive and constructive atmosphere.
• Enhance your reputation - By entering the EFQM Excellence Award, you are showcasing your greatest achievements, thus building and reinforcing a good opinion of you and your work within the wider community.
• Announce your success - Your award is presented at a prestigious annual ceremony, during the EFQM Forum. Your efforts are exposed across the breadth of an entire contient, and in a wide variety of marketplaces.
• Become part of a network of leading European organisations - Being part of the EFQM Excellence Awards gives you the opportunity to gather with other leaders and achievers from different fields and sectors. Together you can network, discuss and share new ideas, and most importantly celebrate another's.
EFQM Excellence Award 2015 - Key dates
• May / November 2014 - Applicant's Webinar
• November 2014 - Call for Assessors
• 1 October 2014 - 16 January 2015 - Applicant intent to apply
o Complete and signed application form
• 13 February 2015 - Submission document due
• March 2015 - Assessor Briefing Events
o Applicant meeting with the Assessor Teams
• 18 - 22 May 2015 - Site Visit week
• July 2015 - Jury Meeting
o Feedback reports delivered to applicants
• October 2015 - EFQM Forum, Celebration Dinner & Award Ceremony
Applicants must hold a current 5-star EFQM Recognised for Excellence, issued within the last 2 years by EFQM or one of our Partners, before they can enter the Award process. For companies headquartered outside Europe.
For more information, feel free to contact us at